[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] Darwin shared object support

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 6 23:34:04 CET 2006

Hi

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:24:46PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:56:27PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > Did your OK extend to his other patches?
> >
> > probably not, but what other patches?
>
>   Subject: [Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] OS X Intel support
>   From: Sam Hocevar <sam at zoy.org>
>   Date: Thu Feb 16 22:55:46 CET 2006

the change of the align stuff is not ok, i think a better patch might have
been already posted, dunno ...

and IMHO the assembler in intel osx simply is broken, id say people should
get latest fsf gas, hell we dont trash the whole source for other OSs either
we require gnu make, gcc 2.95+ recent binutils and so on

also osx on intel is quite new so i would suspect that this will be fixed
on their side which is where the fix should be anyway

what if some OS had a compiler which required a space between if and (
would be "fix" all the code?

if the changes are clean (using macros) maybe ill accept some but changing
one type of syntax into another is not ok, what do we do if some other
assembler doesnt support the new sytax, especially with the align stuff
thats very likely ...

Michael