[Ffmpeg-devel] cropping + rescaling broken?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Mar 7 12:33:38 CET 2006

Hi M?ns,

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:11 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
[...]
> >> Cropping is supposed to happen first.  After that, what remains should be
> >> scaled to the requested size.
> > Ok, thanks. At least now I know how things are supposed to work ;-)
>
> If anything behaves differently, it would be great if you fixed that first,
> before replacing the scaler.
Yes, I am looking at the original code to understand if it is broken or
if I am just missing something... In case it is broken, I'll fix it, of
course.

> >> Think about common usage.  Typically, you
> >> know how much of the source you want to crop (e.g. black borders), and you
> >> know what final size you want.
> > Yes, this makes sense. So, I do not understand why cropping changes the
> > output size...
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Cropping should obviously change the
> size; that's what it's all about, no?
Sorry... I what I meant is that if I use
./ffmpeg -i /tmp/test.y4m -s 352x576 -croptop 10 -cropbottom 10 out.y4m
the output size is 352x556... This looks wrong, no?

Anyway, I am going to look at the code again to see if I can understand
it better, now...

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Sei single e stai cercando l?amore? Entra subito in Meetic, iscriviti gratis, consulta i profili di milioni di single e chatta con loro
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4051&d=7-3