[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] Darwin shared object support

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Mar 7 14:58:26 CET 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 07:43:43AM +0100, Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen wrote:
> On 06/03/2006, at 23.34, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> >the change of the align stuff is not ok, i think a better patch
> >might have been already posted, dunno ...
>
> Perhaps this is the one you're thinking of? Posted with the caveat
> that I, unlike Sam, don't have an Intel mac to test the generated
> binary.

I still don't understand the following part of your patch:

>  # SHCFLAGS is a copy of CFLAGS without -mdynamic-no-pic, used when
>  # building
> -# shared modules on OS/X (vhook/Makefile).
> -SHCFLAGS=$CFLAGS
> -if test "$needmdynamicnopic" = yes; then
> -   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -mdynamic-no-pic"
> +# shared modules on Darwin (vhook/Makefile). Also, on Darwin, GCC defaults to
> +# generating PIC, and -mdynamic-no-pic disables it. Hence the logic below.
> +if test "$targetos" = "Darwin"; then
> +  SHCFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DPIC"
> +  if test "$needmdynamicnopic" = yes; then
> +    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -mdynamic-no-pic"
> +  else
> +    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DPIC"
> +  fi

If gcc defaults to PIC on Darwin, why do you have to enable it explicitly?

Furthermore, you are adding -DPIC to CFLAGS in the else case, which will
trigger pretty much everywhere.  This is wrong.  Patch rejected.

Diego