[Ffmpeg-devel] Fixed vs. Floating Point AAC

Mike Melanson mike
Fri Mar 10 03:13:09 CET 2006

Rich Felker wrote:
> final output would always be integers, you have the additional penalty
> of conversion to integer. This can be done with bias-add hacks to
> obtain decent performance (but still not great); otherwise it will
> take at least 20-30 cycles just to store the result, iirc.

	I just realized that maybe your venom is misplaced here. Rather than
ranting against the CPU makers you should be railing against the makers
of the audio hardware for not supporting floating point PCM output directly?

--
	-Mike Melanson