[Ffmpeg-devel] Coverity defect scan

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Mar 11 09:10:18 CET 2006

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 11:43:54PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> calling these bugs or errors stretches the definition by quite a large
> amount id call them warnings which is what they are, and like the gcc
> warnings some of them point to actual bugs but most are irrelevant
> in practice IMHO

Well, judging from the commits I'm seeing on mplayer-cvslog, quite a few
of them seem to be real bugs.

Fixing these defects is also going to be a status thing I guess.  The
xine people loudly say how horrible the MPlayer code is at every
possible occasion.  Nevertheless their defect rate is considerably
higher than ours.

I couldn't help but grin ;)

Diego