[Ffmpeg-devel] URGENT- FFMPEG- Video grab error- Please help

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Mar 11 10:40:03 CET 2006

Hello,

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 00:02 -0800, LAKSHMI RAJAGOPAL wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
>  I am having trouble in grabbing video using FFMPEG.

[...]
>  This is what i am using to grab the video.
>  ffmpeg -vd /dev/video0 -y test.mpg
You have to at least specify the resolution at which you want to grab.
Try something like
ffmpeg -vd /dev/video0 -s 352x288 test.mpg
(or -s 320x240, or some suitable resolution).

>  I am using the latest cvs version which i downloaded last week.
If the command line presented above does not work, try configuring
ffmpeg with v4l2 disabled ( ./configure --disable-v4l2). Some devices do
not support V4L2, and ffmpeg still lacks some code for trying
video4linux if video4linux2 fails. I have a patch for that, but I never
found the time to clean it out and commit it.

I'll be mostly off-line during the weekend, so maybe I'll not be able to
help more before Monday...

				Luca

 Sponsor:
 Ricevi loghi trendy per il tuo cellulare da Jamba!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4846&d=11-3