[Ffmpeg-devel] Coverity defect scan

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Mar 11 14:34:32 CET 2006

Hi,
On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:44:59AM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> >E.g. the memleaks are practically all at error conditions and thus
> >unlikely to matter to 99% of all users.
>
> Well, only if you consider that's "good enough" for users and that we
> live in a perfect world where all files are clean (and FFMPEG compliant).

I think you misunderstood. Many of these memleaks would only matter if
you would be attempting to play thousands of files that are so
completely broken that MPlayer can not even open them, and certainly not
decode. I consider this a very special use that I would only fix for the
sake of code cleaneliness. There are a lot much more important bugs
left, but most are a lot harder to find/debug.
So I sure won't complain when Michael decides to do something more
useful with his time *g*

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger