[Ffmpeg-devel] Coverity defect scan

Jan Knutar jknutar
Sat Mar 11 14:38:47 CET 2006

On Saturday 11 March 2006 15:34, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> I think you misunderstood. Many of these memleaks would only matter if
> you would be attempting to play thousands of files that are so
> completely broken that MPlayer can not even open them, and certainly not

I vaguely recall someone coming to #mplayer and complaining that his
$BIZARRE_SETUP that used MPlayer to play a playlist weeks at a time
eventually ran out of memory and crashed....
The memleaks affecting that special case got fixed, I believe,
but just because a memleak case seems unlikely doesn't mean
someone wont eventually hit a case where it matters :)