[Ffmpeg-devel] Coverity defect scan

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Mar 11 23:09:21 CET 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:25:22AM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >Fixing these defects is also going to be a status thing I guess.  The
> >xine people loudly say how horrible the MPlayer code is at every
> >possible occasion.  Nevertheless their defect rate is considerably
> >higher than ours.
>
> 	0.416 > 0.465? Back to school, Diego.

Haha, that comment sure motivated some people :)

Nevertheless read the following in the article about Coverity on
lwn.net:

  The projects with the lowest defect density include Ethereal, OpenVPN,
  Perl, and xmms; the all-time winner is xmms, with a total of six
  detected errors. At the other end of the scale, one finds Amanda,
  Firebird, NetSNMP, OpenLDAP, Samba, X, and Xine.

http://lwn.net/Articles/174769/
http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/174769/07c92421c084afbb/

;-p

Diego