OT - video connectors (was: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] [ bug ] converting png to dv gives solid black )

Dave Dodge dododge
Wed Mar 15 00:44:58 CET 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:50:02PM +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 11:44 +0000, Dieter wrote:
> > > Are there any TV sets left that
> > > don't have RGB/component inputs?
> >
> > Tons.
>
> What region are we talking? Over here (NL) I've seen no TV sets without
> RGB/component input for at least 10 years now. You're quite screwed imho
> if someone sells you a TV set without RGB input!

In the US it's easy to find a TV with no inputs beyond mono audio and
composite video.  Search for small cheap tube TVs at walmart.com right
now and you'll find a bunch of them.

                                                  -Dave Dodge