[Ffmpeg-devel] swscaler integration

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Mar 15 13:58:32 CET 2006

Hi Erik,

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 13:32 +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
[...]
> > > Ever since I install the postproc
> > > shared lib from ffmpeg and link mplayer against it. And it seems to
> > > work ;-)
> > Those libraries are the postprocessing filters; swscaler is still
> > statically linked in mplayer.
>
> Ah, okay, now I get the picture. Thx.
>
> Are you planning to make swscaler a part of postproc?
well, I do not know

My original plan was:
1) introduce support in ffmpeg for external libswscale (this is the
patch I posted at the beginning of this thread)
2) after it is stable, figure out the license details
3) then, import swscaler in the ffmpeg tree (I was thinking about
introducing a new ffmpeg/libswscaler subdirectory). This step also moves
pixel format name conversion from libavcodec/swscaler_glue.c to
swscaler.

But now I am thinking about the "video filter layer" mentioned by
Michael in one email about cropping and padding.
Maybe the best thing to do is to introduce a "video filter" library, and
move swscaler into it. Let's see if the "Video Filter Layer" thread I
tried to start this morning produces some interesting results...

				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Sei single e stai cercando l?amore? Entra subito in Meetic, iscriviti gratis, consulta i profili di milioni di single e chatta con loro
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4051&d=15-3