[Ffmpeg-devel] swscaler integration

Arpi arpi
Wed Mar 15 14:00:28 CET 2006

Hi,

> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 13:46 +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > > Are you planning to make swscaler a part of postproc?
> > Are you planning to make swscaler LGPL?
>
> I've been told the non-simd version might be released LGPL.

without the optimizations it's quite useless...

if you plan to replace current imgconvert.c by swscaler
(which seems to be the only logical step), it should be
lgpl WITH the optmis, or it will be a step-back, as imgconvert.c
DO have mmx optmizations (and is under lgpl).

anyway swscaler would be very useful for many projects
even as stand-alone lgpl library. (including the one
i'm working on, i could even get some sponsors for its
development)

A'rpi