[Ffmpeg-devel] swscaler integration

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Mar 15 14:16:00 CET 2006

Hi Arpi,

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 14:00 +0100, Arpi wrote:
[...]
> if you plan to replace current imgconvert.c by swscaler
> (which seems to be the only logical step), it should be
> lgpl WITH the optmis, or it will be a step-back, as imgconvert.c
> DO have mmx optmizations (and is under lgpl).
I forgot to mention: in my plan, the user will have the possibility to
enable/disable swscaler at configuration time. If swscaler is not
configured in, the "good old" imgconvert.c will be used (so, no
step-back :).
(of course, if swscaler was LGPLed this configure switch would be
useless).

			Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Solo 10 Euro per chiamare in tutto il mondo!! Scopri il vantaggio di Email Phone Card,        clicca subito
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2685&d=15-3