[Ffmpeg-devel] Now I got ffmpeg to compile with faac support, but...

Lars Blumberg Lars.Blumberg
Fri Mar 17 12:31:24 CET 2006

Hello,

at first I thank you all who gave help to me compiling ffmpeg with faac
support.
I now have auto generated make files for faac, so that I could compile
ffmpeg with the option "--enable-faac".
My ffmpeg.exe now supports faac encoding.

But when I use the option --enable-shared to compile ffmpeg libraries
(libav*.dll) I still receive the message:

 gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,avutil.dll.49 -Wl,--output-def,avutil.def -o
avutil.dll mathematics.o integer.o rational.o intfloat_readwrite.o  -lm
-lfaac
d:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2.3\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
cannot find -lfaac
make[1]: *** [avutil.dll] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/d/sources/delphi/test/buildffmpeg/buildffmpeg/ffmpeg/libavutil'
make: *** [lib] Error 2

What are the differences between compiling ffmpeg with/without option
"--enable-shared". Why does one configuration compile and another does not?

Best regards

Lars