Re: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] How to reduce the ffmpeg avcodec.dll, avformat.dllsize

Jimmy Zha zhajm
Mon Mar 20 05:18:16 CET 2006

Hi,Michel Bardiaux,

	Thanks for your help:),i have got the lastest CVS version.

	I figured it out with read the prediscussed in this MailList.Now the filesize is avcodec.dll(3.53mb),avformat.dll(408K).

	There are some tips for the future guys :):

	1. Resolve the "Avcodec.dll staticly linking into the avformat.dll" problem,you can get the informations by search this MailList. This "bug" will appear while you compile the FFMpeg in MinGW.This point can reduce the avformat.dll to the normally size(about 1/10 of avcodec.dll).

	2. I use follow configure to compile the project:

--enable-mp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-memalign-hack --disable-audio-oss --disable-v41 --disable-bktr --disable-mpegaudio-hp --disable-dv1394 --disable-network --disable-zlib --disable-debug --disable-strip --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay

	This point will reduce the avcodec.dll to 3.xx MB.Can anybody give a better configure:)? I still want to reduce the size.

	I tried to enable/disable some encoder/decoder, but the effect is not very good.It just can reduce xx K :( .