[Ffmpeg-devel] Broken decoding of mpeg2?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Mar 21 11:13:42 CET 2006

Hi

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 01:05:52AM +0100, Joakim Plate wrote:

> [...]

not reproduceable

> > Bye,
> >        Nico
> >

> You are probably using some sort of direct rendering, it doesn't work with
> some outputs in mplayer for example. mplayer reporting that lavc supports
> aritrairy strides even thou mpeg12 decoder doesn't even support any change
> in it.

arbitrary != change
to make a silly analogy, a car might support arbitrary tires but changing
them while driving still would be tricky

the buffers for direct rendering are the internal buffers used by ffmpeg
theese have strict restrictions on alignment and unchanging stride, if
the user app cant provide this then direct rendering should not be used

Michael