[Ffmpeg-devel] AAC decoder

Oded Shimon ods15
Wed Mar 22 08:29:12 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 08:20:28AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 04:36:30PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> > Daniel Serpell wrote:
> > >Here you have a better version without sin/cos functions (should
> > >be a lot faster, if it matters):
> >
> > 	Speed shouldn't matter a great deal since these tables are only
> > computed at codec init.
>
> How long does it take to generate them?  For me application startup time
> is an important factor.

This is not any factor at all. Anything under than the magnitude of
millions is irrelavent for any optimization, especially init. these are
~2000 entries, even at 1000 cycles an entry (it will be much much less),
that's 2 million cycles to generate the whole table and less than a
milisecond on a modern processor. Most of the init of MPlayer is loading
tons of libraries and opening the file...

- ods15