[Ffmpeg-devel] Matroska Patch

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 22 12:27:59 CET 2006

Hi

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 11:27:16AM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >what do you do if you are allergic on lets say eggs, and someone knowing
> >that
> >always adds an egg to every piece of food they give you?
> >hint: we are allergic on compiler bug workarounds
>
> And I'm a pragmatic person. I fix things I can fix. I am not going to
> fix MSVC, gcc or MinGW. I have better things to do.

you workaround bugs you dont fix them

> Now if you don't accept fixes, that's your responsibility not mine.

good changes get accepted buggy one are rejected, either fix you code
or fork, broken code will not be accpeted you can call it whatever
you like, call it critical and clean fixes if you like its still not
going to be accepted (noone yet succeded in getting knowningly broken
code accepted)

> Most of the fixes found in this patch are fixes for *all* existing
> Matroska files. I don't think I have to send any. Just open one in
> FFMPEG and you'll see. I described all the fixes included in this patch.
> So you have #1, #2, #3, #4.

well,  you dont have to do anything, just if you want a bug fixed or
patch accepted then you will have to follow the same rules as everyone else
now if you had a constructive comment about the rules or suggestions
for their improvement that would be fine too, but you just waste our time
by submitting patches for which you are aware that we cannot accpet them
and if we reject theem you start a lame flamewar, dont you have something better
to do? like adding more broken code to your fork and sit in a corner screaming
"my code is not buggy, everything works better"

PS: ive also applied part of your patch and implemented the other parts
cleanly, which cost less time then this silly disscussion

Michael