[Ffmpeg-devel] Matroska Patch

Rich Felker dalias
Wed Mar 22 18:41:10 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 03:15:00PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 02:16:01PM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > >well,  you dont have to do anything, just if you want a bug fixed or
> > >patch accepted then you will have to follow the same rules as everyone else
> > >now if you had a constructive comment about the rules or suggestions
> > >for their improvement that would be fine too, but you just waste our time
> >
> > I have nothing against the rules. Just the way code is turned down. Like
> > the MPEG2 fix I sent that you know better than me how to fix it, but you
> > didn't.
>
> well, there seems to be a missunderstanding here if someone sends a buggy/
> wrong/unaceptable bugfix it wont be applied but this doesnt mean anyone from
> the team is obliged to spend their time fixing _YOUR_ bug. your view is very
> arrogant

And for those who flamed me for flaming Steve (in case it wasn't
obvious) this is exactly why I did it. I am allergic to
self-proclaimed contributors who have little to contribute except
telling all the existing developers that what they're doing is wrong
and expecting everyone to bow down to them and make the changes they
want to work around their buggy code/files/compilers/whatever without
any regard for how it affects everyone else.

Rich