[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg signals

Stefan de Konink skinkie
Thu Mar 23 02:07:19 CET 2006

Mentioning in my last message in the list I have problems with the
client/server model of ffserver. Which prevented my broadcast log (read:
cheap PVR) to be saved on disk (ffmpeg to ffserver makes underflows, to
file it works). I created a bashscript with a while-loop that restarts
ffmpeg everytime I kill it. This is done every hour. I end up with
serperate timestamped files.

A preferred way would be to implement a signal handler which allows a
user to send a signal for instance HUP, to close the current file and
reopen the next one, based on a timestamp suffix.

Would such a feature be excepted (as in a submitted patch) or should I
live with the kill-fcron/while-loop.

Yours Sincerely,

Stefan de Konink