[Ffmpeg-devel] Strange nb_streams value

Wiese, Hendrik hendrik.wiese
Thu Mar 23 12:57:22 CET 2006

Hi again,

I got another heavy problem. After opening an AVI file with
av_open_input_file(), the given AVFormatContext is invalid.
av_open_input_file returned 0 so I think everything works
fine inside the function. I looked into av_open_input_file
and the AVFormatContext it generates is valid until the end
of the function. Also the pointer returned by it is valid.
But after the function returns it is invalid again, although
it points to the correct location where the generated
FormatContext was before the function returned. Just for
your Information: I compile ffmpeg using MinGW (tried both
'./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-mmx'
and './configure --enable-shared --disable-static
--enable-memalignhack'). The Program that uses avformat and
avcodec is compiled and linked by Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

Please help this time... my other questions all stayed
unanswered for some reason.

Thanks

Hendrik Wiese