AW: [Ffmpeg-devel] Strange nb_streams value

Wiese, Hendrik hendrik.wiese
Fri Mar 24 12:50:59 CET 2006

Hi hi... Sorry for writing over and over again, but I still
urgently (!) need help and I want to let you know my newest
experiences with the libs as I'm going to dispair.

I tried FFMPEG-0.4.9_pre1 because it is the newest revision
that gave me a valid nb_streams value in my AVFormatContext
(given by av_open_input_file). My next problem is, that the
codec_id in my AVFormatContext is always (!) CODEC_ID_NONE,
no matter which input file I use. It just has to be an AVI
file. I'm really going to dispair...

With the current CVS I get an annoying missbehaviour... The
nb_streams value (and other fields) of the FormatContext
given by av_open_input_file is invalid! It contains
0xCCCCCCCC instead of the correct number of frames. Just
before av_open_input_file returns, the value of nb_streams
(and others) is VALID! But back in the function that called
av_open_input_file, I can't work with these fields, because
they aren't valid anymore.

For info: I'm working with Windows. I tried
ffmpeg-0.4.9_pre1 and the current CVS. I compiled them with
MinGW (gcc-3.4.2). FFMPEG-0.4.9_pre1 compiled without any
errors. The current CVS compiled with some undefined
references to fseeko and similar. My program (that uses
ffmpeg) is compiled using MSVC++ 6.0.

And sorry for telling you again: I really need help with
this!

If you can't help me, please tell me why! I'll see, what
I can do to give you all required informations.

Thanks

Hendrik Wiese

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----