[Ffmpeg-devel] Hmmm interesting...

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Mar 24 22:33:00 CET 2006

Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> writes:

> On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 20:50 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
>> > Input and output streams can be found here: http://erik.slagter.name/pub
>> > - in.vob source, 86 Mb, only start is relevant
>> > - out.mp4 result, 15 secs, 2 Mb
>>
>> I can't see any problems with ffplay or tcvp (using lavf demuxer), not
>> even with seeking.
>>
>> Have you tried -demuxer 35 or whatever the trick is to make mplayer
>> use lavf?
>
> The vob has no problems anyway, it's the input. I was talking of the
> out.mp4, if that wasn't completely clear.
>
> mplayer -demuxer 35 sort of works, that was to be expected as ffplay
> also sort of works. It looks like both don't properly seek, but I'll
> have to test with a larger sample.

ffplay does seek, but only to the start and to a point close to the
end of your sample.  Without looking closer, I'd guess the I-frame
interval is rather long.

> This means the problem actually is in the mp4 demuxer of mplayer? Still
> interesting mplayer plays the gpac muxed stream fine...

If mplayer breaks and other players work, well...

>> The only problem I noticed was someone singing in Dutch. I didn't know
>> that was possible ;-)
>
> I guess it's as possible as in Swedish ;-)

Swedish is sometimes described as being melodic even when spoken
normally so singing isn't very far-fetched (for those who have the
talent).  It's those Dutch 'g' sounds that don't quite fit into my
idea of song.

> Did you really recognise it as Dutch or was it an educated guess?

I can usually recognize Dutch when I hear it, and I know you are
Dutch.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com