[Ffmpeg-devel] Matroska Patch

Rich Felker dalias
Sat Mar 25 01:19:58 CET 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:22:37PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > So, everybody agrees that block_time is a better mnemonic ?

Not everybody, and you know it.. There have been at least two people
(and one other than my irrelevant self) who have spoken against it.

> It might be marginally better.  Given that the function where it is
> used parses blocks, there is little else it could mean.
>
> What exactly goes wrong if it is called "time"?

You've uncovered the heart of the problem. Steve keeps saying lavc's
valid C code does not work on MSVC, but he never says what the error
message is. Almost surely it's caused by him doing something stupid
(as we discovered with the previous example where he was including
lavc-internal headers in files interfacing with windows api...).
Steve, if you claim otherwise, tell us the damn error message rather
than just saying it's broken.

Rich