[Ffmpeg-devel] libavcodec undefined symbols in FFusion?

Loren Merritt lorenm
Tue Mar 28 03:32:33 CEST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Lee Morgan wrote:

> Q: Does 0.4.9-pre1 support decoding custom quantization matrices in H.264? I
> noticed it's planned for the next release, but it seems to be working
> currently.
> 	That is my video which I encoded with a custom matrix seems to play
> back fine; all be it a little slow - but the slowdown could be due to other
> code in the plug-in.

0.4.9-pre1 supported, umm, baseline + cabac? B-frames weren't working
very well, and it didn't attempt any of the other main profile features.
Custom quant matrices weren't even in the h264 standard yet when
0.4.9-pre1 was released.

"planned for the next release" does not mean "planned", it means "already
working", and the release is what's only planned.

--Loren Merritt