[Ffmpeg-devel] snow related files cause the compile of mplayer to crash on mac os x 10.3.9

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Fri Mar 31 23:10:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 3/31/06, Ergzay <ergzay at everyoneproductions.com> wrote:

> On 2006/03/31, at 15:28, Luca Barbato wrote:
>
> > Ergzay wrote:

> >> Benchmark? How would I go about doing that?
> >> Ergzay
> >
> > ffplay -debug 2 file 2>log
> >
> >  with altivec enabled and with altivec disabled could be ok
> >
> > another way could be run a file on mplayer and measure the cpu %
> >
> > All I need to know if my hacks helped a bit or snow is still a
> > complete pain.
>
> Well I might remind you I am compiling mplayer here and not ffmpeg
> itself, just using ffmpeg's codecs and filters. I have no files that
> use snow.

I've got a sample here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr/transperl/MPlayer/The_Godfather-1972_snow.avi

As to was Snow is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_(codec)

is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.