[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT] Vanity decoration of chars?

Alex Beregszaszi alex
Wed May 3 02:13:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

> > You know, forget my ramblings, wikipedia has all the gory details:
>
> You forgot the no #1 trivia question about Finnish: it's not related
> to any (other) Scandinavian language but rather to Hongarian (which
> also is totally incomprehendable for us Dutch people, unlike
> Scandinavian languages).
>
> And to add some more non-formation ;-) IIRC Hongarian even has a
> double acute accent, that I've seen in no other language.

You mean hungarian here? :)

Yes, we are using three accents: ' : " - but applied to lot of
characters.

a' e' i' o' u'
o: o"
u: u"

In some encoding people used the ~ instead " incorrectly with the o and
u, those are not valid Hungarian characters.

Alex Beregszaszi 			email: alex at fsn.hu
Free Software Network			cell: +36 70 3144424