[Ffmpeg-devel] [Linuxtag] Logo needed

Ivo ivop
Wed May 3 10:52:27 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 05:35, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> I was actually re-thinking about this the other day.  I agree with the
> one-logo idea. Only I think the zig-zag should be reworked. I don't like
> that the points stick out.  It throws the balance off...makes it almost
> hard to look at.  I'll see if I can play around with it.  I guess the
> font size isn't a big deal.

The points didn't stick out anymore in version 8, but I agree with you
anyway that the sharp points weren't "nice on the eyes". Also, it wasn't
square anymore when I fixed the corners to line-up with the rest.

> After writing that 1st paragraph, I found a version of the zig-zag I
> like, so I'll attach it.  I don't like my font at all though...I would
> dig through my font collection, but I really like the one that Ivo used
> in the original design of this logo.  What font is that?  I'm using
> Sodipodi for SVG creation, and it won't open eps or fig or I would just
> copy it in.  Anyone know a good PS->SVG converter or a program that can
> read/write either...besides having to shell out the $ for an
> Adobe/Macromedia product?

If you want to read/edit the fig file, you can install xfig. It's a very old
basic X11 vector drawing program and I think most (every?) Linux/*BSD
distro carries it.

I fixed the zig-zag pattern, brought it back to the previous shape (square)
and removed the sharp points. I also fixed the letter M that had a bug in
the upper-corners if you zoomed in a lot.

As for the font, it's not a pre-defined font I have on my system, but I have
drawn the letters by hand :)

--Ivo