[Ffmpeg-devel] [Linuxtag] Logo needed

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Wed May 3 10:50:23 CEST 2006

Fred Rothganger wrote:

>> Can we vote for choosing this (or the previous one) as the official
>> logo?
>>
>> Btw, I would leave the fastforward icon out and use only one font-size,
>> thus making the zig-zag a definitive recognizable sign of ffmpeg :)
>>

>    I rather like the fastforward icon.  Why not do something very
> simple, like just have that icon and the name.  Attached are a couple of
> jpegs to show the concept.  Vector art available if anyone cares for it.
>
>    Both of these are similar in concept to the simplified zig-zag logo
> of Justin Ruggles.
>
> -- Fred

Whatever the specific logo, the fast-forward seems to me better than the
zigzag, which refers to some esoteric internals that no lambda user will
understand.

The ffmpeg1.jpg (with the |>|> outside the text) will tolerate small
size better than the other one.

Still, for desktops, a squarish logo is better than an oblong one. What
about this?

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director