[Ffmpeg-devel] Increasing Audio Buffer Size

Måns Rullgård mru
Tue May 9 22:27:15 CEST 2006

Cyril Zorin <cyril.zorin at gmail.com> writes:

> On 9-May-06, at 3:39 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
>> Cyril Zorin <cyril.zorin at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Right now then, without this glorious modification that you're about
>>> to make, how would I specify that my audio output data is not
>>> interleaved?
>>
>> You can't.
>>
>>> No, it's __you__ who's misunderstanding my point. You can't say
>>> "comments welcome" and then mouth off to people -- are comments
>>> welcome, or not? If you think you're a genius and
>>
>> He *is* a genius.
>>
>>> have the liberty to treat people like idiots, then go ahead and
>>
>> Around here, we all have the liberty to treat idiots as such.  It has
>> the nice effect of scaring them off, thus keeping the distraction
>> level low.
>>
>> It is not particularly polite of you to butt in on the mailing list
>> throwing insults left and right, without even reading up on the source
>> code first.  I think I'll list you in the above-mentioned category
>> until you convince me otherwise.
>
> What? He was the one throwing insults, in whichever direction you
> choose.  You'll note that my original reply had some questions, and
> some remarks. I wasn't insulting anyone. You can think what you want,
> but your liberalism just cost you a decoder for LucasArts Smush v2,
> and the accompanying audio format, both of which I've completed and
> tested. Oops!

You are new to this list, and should learn how people here write
before getting so touchy.  As a general rule, we don't go out of our
way to be polite.  That is not an efficient way of communication.

You first posted to this list one week ago.  Michael has probably
contributed more than anyone else to ffmpeg.  Does that suggest
anything to you about who should be listening to whom?  If it doesn't,
you should probably go away and think things over for a while.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com