[Ffmpeg-devel] Increasing Audio Buffer Size

Måns Rullgård mru
Tue May 9 22:57:33 CEST 2006

Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> writes:

> Cyril Zorin wrote:
>> What? He was the one throwing insults, in whichever direction you
>> choose.  You'll note that my original reply had some questions, and
>> some remarks. I wasn't insulting anyone. You can think what you
>> want, but your liberalism just cost you a decoder for LucasArts
>> Smush v2, and the accompanying audio format, both of which I've
>> completed and tested. Oops!
>
> Somebody should point out that Michael probably wasn't meaning "crap"
> insultingly. Let me quote a bit from his reply to you:
>
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>  > Cyril Zorin wrote:
>  >> takes, insofar that at a certain point an "Audio Frame" is just a
>  >> free-area of crap that the decoder can fill in, without organizing it
>  >> by "channel" or whatever.
>  >
>  > for video its organized by color components and lines, so your free
>  > form crap is not analogous
>
> So, as you can see, Michael's "crap" was referring to the same thing
> as your "crap". I misread it the first time, too, so I can see how you
> got insulted. You don't need to be, though. You're all getting mad at
> each other over nothing.

I'm not particularly mad at anybody.  I'm trying to (fairly politely)
point out to Cyril that walking into a room you've never been in
before, telling the experts there that they are wrong, and taking
offense when they disagree, is probably not going to buy you many
friends.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com