[Ffmpeg-devel] MOV demuxer issue

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Thu May 11 14:23:53 CEST 2006

Hi guys,

We found a quicktime file that is demuxed incorrectly by libavformat 
(latest CVS).

ftp://uleguadv:refulavi at ftp.divxnetworks.com/HDseenoevil1-720p.mov

Symptoms: when you try to remux the audio to a .aac (m4a) file, the file 
is 13 MB long. And it doesn't play correctly in all AAC decoders I 
tried. The MOV file plays fine in VLC (which has its own MOV demuxer). 
If I remux the file in MKV (plays fine) and then extract the .aac 
content (657 KB), it plays fine too.

./ffmpeg -i /C/test/DivX/HDseenoevil1-720p.mov -vn -acodec copy toto.aac

After some investigations I noticed that at some point in the file the 
pkt extracted is 325500 bytes big, which is a lot for an AAC frame. So I 
assume this is a problem in the demuxer. Given other demuxers have no 
problem with that file.


More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list