[Ffmpeg-devel] MOV demuxer issue
Thu May 11 14:56:33 CEST 2006
Robert Swain said:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 13:23, Steve Lhomme wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> We found a quicktime file that is demuxed incorrectly by libavformat
>> (latest CVS).
>> ftp://uleguadv:refulavi at ftp.divxnetworks.com/HDseenoevil1-720p.mov
>> Symptoms: when you try to remux the audio to a .aac (m4a) file, the file
>> is 13 MB long. And it doesn't play correctly in all AAC decoders I
>> tried. The MOV file plays fine in VLC (which has its own MOV demuxer).
>> If I remux the file in MKV (plays fine) and then extract the .aac
>> content (657 KB), it plays fine too.
>> ./ffmpeg -i /C/test/DivX/HDseenoevil1-720p.mov -vn -acodec copy toto.aac
>> After some investigations I noticed that at some point in the file the
>> pkt extracted is 325500 bytes big, which is a lot for an AAC frame. So I
>> assume this is a problem in the demuxer. Given other demuxers have no
>> problem with that file.
> ffmpeg -i HDseenoevil1-720p.mov -acodec copy -vn toto.mp4
> toto.mp4 plays fine.
> ffmpeg -i HDseenoevil1-720p.mov -acodec copy -vn toto.aac
> toto.aac breaks on playback giving a whole lot of "FAAD: error: Unable to
> find ADTS syncword, trying to resync!".
This could be a problem with the adts formatter. I'll look into it if
nobody else does before I get home.
mru at inprovide.com
More information about the ffmpeg-devel