[Ffmpeg-devel] compilation error

William Beebe wbeebe
Fri May 12 05:19:51 CEST 2006

Ah. Patience is a virtue. Or it used to be.

If he can't answer, perhaps I will.

>> What would it take for you to send in complete information?

Better, clearer step-by-step documentation. Better, clearer
organization of the front web page at
http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php

>> Why did you overlook the bug reporting guidelines?

Maybe because it's a text link is buried as a small menu entry on the
front page with a lot of nearly-identical text.

>> Is there a way we can make them more visible?

Engage someone with excellent web design skills. Good coder != good
web designer. Tell that designer what's important so that it's given
clear prominence on the front page. Expand the menu and important
directions for use, and decrease the news section. Yes, news is
important, but so is helping the consumer of ffmpeg and the user of
the website.