[Ffmpeg-devel] Questions about installing ffmpeg libraries

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun May 14 11:53:45 CEST 2006

Hi all,

while trying to compile ffmpeg with an "external swscale", I had some
doubts about installed ffmpeg libraries:
1) Does it make sense to install static libav* libraries? It seems to me
that thils would be perfectly ok but, for example, mplayer seems to
assume "installed library" == "shared library"
2) What's the "official swscale interface"? I assumed it was the one
exported by swscale.h, but now I see that some mplayer files include
rgb2rgb.h too. So, should it be installed together with swscale.h?

			Thanks,
				Luca