[Ffmpeg-devel] Gray Scale decoding of MPEG4 dataand debugginglibavcodec

Matt Schuckmann mschuck
Tue May 16 18:57:18 CEST 2006

Great thanks for the recommendations Steve.

Matt S.

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu
[mailto:ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of Steve Lhomme
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:01 AM
To: FFMpeg development discussions and patches
Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Gray Scale decoding of MPEG4 dataand
debugginglibavcodec

Matt Schuckmann wrote:
> Yes really crash. Turns out it's not just the gray scale decoder mpeg4
> decoding in general is crashing. Seems to have something to do with my
> latest pull down of FFMPEG, I tested by old sandbox and it's seems to work
> ok.
>
> So I pulled down the latest FFMPEG stuff today and rebuilt and now I can't
> find the .lib files for linking with the shared libraries. Did you change
> the way things are built for the shared windows libraries?
>
> I understand you don't support MSVC how about another debugger that does
> work on a windows system?

gdb should work on MinGW+MSys/cygwin, if you're not afraid of working
like 10 years ago.

Alternatively you can grab the sources of DrFFMPEG on SourceForge (part
of DrDivX) that has an FFMPEG version built in MSVC. There's a pure
debug build, a debug+ASM build (using a DLL for some of the ASM code)
and a release build (without ASM). And it's usually enough to debug
FFMPEG if the bug can be reproduced.

Steve