[Ffmpeg-devel] CVS --> Subversion conversion, test repository

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Tue May 23 07:53:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/23/06, Christian Iversen <chrivers at iversen-net.dk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 May 2006 00:35, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 12:17:52AM +0200, Christian Iversen wrote:
> > > On Monday 22 May 2006 23:49, Diego Biurrun wrote:

[..]

> > > No, seriously, why not? :-)
> >
> > Because you are not a developer
>
> Not on this project, that's true. I would though - it's people like you who
> make me feel so very welcome.
>
> > and everything you said was wrong or clueless or both.
>
> Help! I'm defenseless against your superiour argumentation skills!
>
> > Plus all the technical decisions surrounding the Subversion deployment have
> > already been discussed and are now final.
> > Not to mention that all of the admin team currently has more than enough
> > work without getting into senseless discussions.
>
> Look, I've just spent over a week doing nothing but CVS conversions and SVN
> cleanups. I know _exactly_ how tedious and boring the task is. How about just
> stating what you just said in a polite manner, instead of assaulting me for
> making a suggestion?
>
> It's not like I wouldn't understand that your decision is final, and you don't
> want to dicuss it anymore. However, when your basic argument is "I don't want
> suggestions, and you're an idiot", I find it hard not to take offense.
>
> (I'd still like to know why you think what I said was "clueless or wrong")

Please quit flaming: Diego is not the kind of person who flames ppl to
feel superior. I guess he's very tired these days from doing that
cvs->svn conversion, and doesn't get much time to sleep to clear his
head.

Yes, the new server setup has been discussed already, and won't be
changed unless there is a very good reason do to so.

The administration of the new server needs to be a no-brainer task.

The idea here is to do just like Antoine de Saint-Exup?ry told us:

"La perfection est atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien ? ajouter
mais quand il n'y a plus rien ? enlever."

which mean:

"you reach perfection not when there's nothing else to add, but when
there's nothing else to remove"

Guillaume

--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill