[Ffmpeg-devel] Accepted SoC Apps

Mike Melanson mike
Thu May 25 22:43:57 CEST 2006

Bobby Bingham wrote:
> I was one of the applicants that didn't get accepted (Dirac decoder),
> but I'll probably be working on it anyway.  Just a heads up that I'll
> probably be popping up to ask questions periodically.
>
> And I've been lurking off and on for long enough to be reasonably
> flame-retardant.

Despite the ensuing arguments about what people think you *should* work
on, remember that open source software development is driven by the
people who actually volunteer to do the work. Thus, if you are really
passionate about a Dirac system, no one will stop you. As has been
pointed out, there are said to be common properties between Dirac and
Snow and work for one should ideally benefit the other. But I'm no
expert; I still think wavelets are something I see at the beach.

--
	-Mike Melanson