[Ffmpeg-devel] A Question about decoding from 'flv' to 'image'

Bawer Dagdeviren bawer
Fri May 26 16:50:31 CEST 2006

Greetings people!

I hope this forum is the right place to ask the question I'm about to
ask, if not please point me to the right place:

I'm trying to read a frame from a 'flv'-movie and save that frame as a
jpeg or any other image-format. I've been mucking around in the
source-code trying to understand what the numerous functions do and
currently I'm able to read a packet with the 'av_read_frame' function.
The problem and the question I was hoping you could answer is this:
How do I read a frame, encode it as an image-format and then save that file?

I would be immensely thankful for any answers, pointers, rants or just
plain code! :)

Thank you all for working with this great product,

Bawer Dagdevrien