[Ffmpeg-devel] shared (DLL) libraries on Win32 broken?

Bawer Dagdeviren bawer
Sat May 27 10:12:34 CEST 2006

Hey!

I checked out the latest code from the SVN repository and I find that
after I do "./configure --enable-shared --disable-static
--enable-memalign-hack" and make the thing on win32 using mingw there
are some strange things happening.

First I get the output:

"Creating library file: libavformat.dll.a
lib /machine:i386 /def:avformat.dll.50
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 8.00.50727.42

avformat.dll.50 : warning LNK4017: MZ? statement not supported for the
target platform; ignored
avformat.dll.50 : warning LNK4017: $ statement not supported for the
target platform; ignored
Creating library avformat.dll.lib and object avformat.dll.exp
ln -sf avformat.dll.50 avformat.dll"

... and similar for for libavcodec and libavutil..

When I try to run ffmpeg windows complains that it can't find the file
avcodec.dll.50 ! The produced dll's are unusable for all intents and
purposes!

Anyone know what this is about? Does this all have something to do with
the SVN conversion, somehow?

//Bawer