[Ffmpeg-devel] SVN challenge response authentication weaknesses

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon May 29 01:49:27 CEST 2006

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 09:17:32PM +0000, Arpi wrote:

> > these would be really nice, yes. But we have our hands
> > already full with the stuff we have to do just to get
> > basic functionality. We do not have the time to implement
> > complex systems or something that needs permanent maintenance.
> > I have a personal todo list of 10 items that need to be
> > done within next week, just keep natsuki working in a good
> > state. I have no idea whether i am able to get trough everything
> > or not.
>
> you had more than a half year to do these, but did nothing...

Yeah, sure, absolutely nothing. FTP including virtual users, the samples
collection, the MPlayer homepage, necessary cronjobs, the FFmpeg
homepage including generation scripts, Subversion conversion for half
a dozen repositories plus scripts, rsync, ViewVC, server monitoring,
Apache setup, having to deal with the braindead DNS bureaucracy in .hu,
some stuff I forget, plus - last not least - *BACKUP* for both mphq1 and
mphq2 are all nothing.

Not to mention that all of this (at least for me and Attila) fell into
an exams/thesis period and day to day tasks like work have to be done
as well.  Oh, and we do try to get laid sometimes, do you? ;-p

> so please do not complain now, that you are in trouble!
> it (death of old box) was expected to happen sooned or later...

We're not complaining that we are in trouble now, but after having been
working our asses off for the last week I can tell you that now is not
the moment to come up with wild ideas while we are struggling to set up
the basic functionality.  Details and advanced functionality will come
later on, we have to set priorities.

And yes, it is damn annoying to see that the loudest complainers help
the least...

Diego