[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [xine-devel] Suspicious code in xine-lib CVS from 2006-04-16 18:43

Rich Felker dalias
Tue May 30 07:32:59 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 12:40:32AM +0200, Morten Nilsen wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >Gary Corcoran <gcorcoran at rcn.com> writes:

> >>I disagree.  A /*FALLTHROUGH*/ (or similar) comment, where one would
> >>normally expect a break statement, lets a reviewer of the code _know_
> >>that that is the intent of the writer.  Otherwise he might just have
> >>forgotten to add a break; (e.g. as a result of a bad copy-paste
> >>operation).
> >>That is, it could well be unintended and thus a bug.
> >
> >A competent person will be able see what the intent was without
> >relying on comments.
>
> I agree :) that makes it two to one..

me three. actually i was smiling when i read mans' comments. :) he
saved me the trouble of having to be the one to make the sarcastic
remark about people who don't know c...

rich