[Ffmpeg-devel] Call for volunteers to write NUT de/muxer for libavformat

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Wed Nov 1 13:54:23 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/1/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
> Oded Shimon wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:25:25PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:

> > BTW, 'grep -r "return 5" .'
>
> Gah. I didn't bother with anything like that for the simple reason that
> I'm much more accustomed to returning variables, or at least macro
> names, than returning explicit values - combined with the fact that
> variables can be altered arithmetically rather than simply assigned to.
> I was attempting to track the variable returned by main, "err", back
> through the code until I found which test was failing which would cause
> the program to begin the cascade towards exiting - and *then* track back
> further until I found where that value was set, and then figure out why.

I agree. Returning explicit number (besides -1, 0, and 1) is really
very highly bad coding style.

(Why should I care anyway, I'm happy with mkv container that I can
actually use with H.264 videos without caring about how the files I
produce are going to end up like in the future.
 If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
 Just my 2c)

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!