[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] Fraps v2 support

Roine Gustafsson roine
Fri Nov 3 06:03:52 CET 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 1:24 AM, Kostya wrote:

> Please test if patch attached confirms to $subj. I have only a bit
> of one
> sample here.

Yay! Very nice work.

> +    /* XXX this bitreader ignores every 32th bit so lavc bitreader
> cannot be used*/

No it doesn't, it reads and uses all 32 bits in order. But they're in
blocks of 32bit little-endian order.
Maybe use a temporary byteswapped buffer?

> +                    if(size <= 0){
> +                        av_log(s->avctx, AV_LOG_ERROR, "Code went
> out of bounds\n");
> +                        return -1;

Should be if (size <= 3)

>   * Only decodes version 0 and 1 files.
[...]
>                 "This codec can only decode version 0 and 1.\n",
> version);

Not anymore!

Interesting that they use top prediction and not left or a midpred...

BTW: If you're all bored now, can I suggest looking into Indeo4/5? ;)

   Roine