[Ffmpeg-devel] H264 RTP + quicktime

Ryan Martell rdm4
Fri Nov 3 17:38:38 CET 2006

Jerry--

If I'm understanding you right, I think the problem is just that
QuickTime buffers, so that it has some buffer room in case of network
hiccups.  This MAY be affected by the connection speed preference in
the QuickTime preferences.

I don't know if it's possible to tell QT to not do this.

Not sure your application, but I'm doing rtsp/h264 streaming, and I
don't care;  sure, the vlc player is out of whack with the quicktime
player, but since they aren't next to each other, I don't care.  If I
need to sync something to the stream, I can use the timestamps in the
rtcp packets, and they will be synced.

Just my 2 cents.

-Ryan