[Ffmpeg-devel] HDTV h264 autodetection

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi
Sat Nov 4 19:32:29 CET 2006

Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:

> FYI:
> The VLC media player users have often reported this issue (both in
> VLC forums and to the dvbstream developers), but the dvbstream ppl
> have so far refused to fix this issue and have stated multiple times
> that a PMT is not required for a valid MPEG-TS stream, and that there
> is nothing wrong with their program.

reported to whom? to what email address???
for several years the dvbstream people have been Dave Chapman and me.
I advised countless times to add the PMT pid to the list of pids to stream
and also explained as many times how to do it, but it seems not many
people read mails.
I don't know to whom you sent your mails, but surely not to me nor to
any of the two
mailing lists (dead, as long as traffic is concerned).
BTW, dvbstream is a pid selector: it doesn't even have a demuxer, so the
responsability
of the right way to select the wanted content is entirely up to the users.
BTW, far from me the idea to disregard the necessity of the PMT.

> They really ought to read that specification one day.
>
> DJ

already done, many times