[Ffmpeg-devel] HDTV h264 autodetection

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Sat Nov 4 21:50:51 CET 2006

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> matthieu castet wrote:
>

> it's very easy to fix: in my tree I already added some trivial code
> (using STREAM_CTRL_xx)
> to automatically add the PTM pid, but I didn't commit it because it's
> diseducative for users :)
;) , but it is not user friendly. For the hint of setting PTM in
channel.conf, a trivial patch could be done for "scan" apps in order to
do it. May be I will do it.

> and because the kernel dvb-core may run out of available pid filters
> (what's the current limit?)
IIRC it depends of devices.
8 should be the minimun, but 32 is supported on most devices.

But if we add only the PTM of the channel that will eat only one pid.

Matthieu