[Ffmpeg-devel] PUT_UTF8 & asf format enhancement

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Nov 5 16:57:10 CET 2006

Hi

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 05:14:32PM +0800, Zuxy Meng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2006/11/5, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> >On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 04:56:13PM +0800, Zuxy Meng wrote:
> >>
> >> 1. Add a PUT_UTF8 macro to common.h; code borrowed from
> >> libavcodec/flacenc.c.
> >
> >Code duplication is generally not acceptable, but I cannot find that
> >macro in libavcodec/flacenc.c ...
>
> It's in write_utf8(). Once previous patches get applied it can
> replaced by PUT_UTF8 too and hence code duplication is avoided.

or move the flacenc.c utf8 code into common.h first and then make
asf use it, the way you do it there will be indeed some code
duplication until flacenc.c is fixed, so iam fine with your patch
after you send another patch which changes flacenc.c to use the code
too, or if you send a single patch doing both or similar