[Ffmpeg-devel] 4XM audio codec_tag

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Nov 6 16:25:32 CET 2006

Hi

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 03:12:30PM -0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
[...]
> > and you can do the same with mp4
> > and some codecs like ac3 are stored as private stream (a mess worse
> > then avi)
>
> As long as that use of the private streams is defined somewhere, and there
> is some means of identifying which spec applies to the private stream contents,
> I don't see a problem with this.

so if i write a spec which defines a priate stream for mpeg-ps like
private stream:
1. some nice human readable identifer with a url of the spec
2. a avi/wav fourcc/twocc
3. bitmapinfoheader/waveformetex (width/height/samplerate/extradata/...)
4. keyframe size and following keyframe data
5. non keyframe size and non keyframe data
6. goto 5 until size=-1
7. goto 1

would that be ok with you? or would you kill me?