[Ffmpeg-devel] a little optim for a SSE version of H263_LOOP_FILTER

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Nov 9 16:54:07 CET 2006

Hi

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 01:25:35PM +0100, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> skal wrote:
> >   Hi everybody, sorry for the delay
>
> Having your mail held for moderation for 2 days surely didn't help ;-)

subscribe all your email addresses
and optionally set all but one to nomail :)

> >>Message du 06/11/06 14:48
> >>Objet : Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] a little optim for a SSE version of H263_LOOP_FILTER
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >>Mmm.. I thought it would be slightly more complicated since you said
> >>"+maybe a little re-org of the loop (mm3 is gone)."
> >>
> >>Ok, I've tried your patch.Regression tests pass, however, I have
> >>trouble testing your patch behond that. I lack a sample with proper
> >>inloop filter it seems.
> >>I've tried this sample
> >>http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/h263/100374.mov and a couple of
> >>others, whithout any luck...
> >>Maybe I'm not benchmarking the relevant parts of the inloop filter
> >>(see attachemnt to see what I was benchmarking)?
> >>Or could you provide a sample to run my benches?
> >

> >    You can try:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/FLV/flv1.1/sheep_MM_FLV1.1.flv
> >
> >    which is using h263's in-loop deblocking iirc.
>

> Mmm... maybe I'm very unlucky or dumb (or both), but it doesn't look
> like there's an inloop filter in this one, as the benchmark code is
> not getting executed. I've tried to decode with this command:
>
> ./ffmpeg/ffmpeg_g -v 9 -i sheep_MM_FLV1.1.flv -y -f rawvideo /dev/null
>
> which I know works fine as it's the command I used to benchmark cabac
> code.
>
> the patch bench_h263.diff that I sent earlier has the spot where I put
> the START/STOP macros...

without looking at the flv spec i do think that h263-flv doesnt use loop
filtering

but rv20 does i think ...
you could also just set loop_filter=1 and use any h263 video (it might
even look better that way :)